Free Help & Advice
The ultimate in freedom, value and comfort
Quality components made especially for us. Just for you
Our Flowmax brand products are manufactured by us, using carefully more...
The concept of underfloor heating is not a modern idea. It has actually been with us for over 2000 years. As the Roman legions moved north, they found a growing need to generate warmth inside their public and private buildings.
Their system, based on the greek ‘Hypocaust’, which roughly translates as ‘heat from below’ allowed hot air to flow beneath a building’s floors, which were raised up on brick columns.
Whilst the technology has greatly advanced since Roman times, the basic idea remains the same.
Underfloor heating radiates heat from the whole floor area of the house to gently warm the air above and eliminate cold spots.
The warm air convects from the floor surface losing approximately 2 degrees centigrade at 2.0 metres above the floor, which makes the system ideal for all ceiling heights.
By contrast radiator or convector heating systems deliver a vertical temperature gradient: Colder at foot level than at the head.
Underfloor heating has made it possible to reduce energy consumption by using lower water temperatures than used by conventional radiator systems. Systems can be integrated with both conventional and renewable heat sources.
With many years’ experience in the integration of underfloor heating with conventional and renewable heat sources such as ground and air source heat pumps, Flowmax can design and supply a complete package to provide a sustainable warm water underfloor heating system tailored to the particular needs of each customer.
Modern Underfloor heating systems, based on the development of complex and very high quality plastic pipe, such as LK Pex -a used by FlowMax, now account for over 60% of some European heating markets.
Every supply we undertake includes:
- Preparation of Quotation
- Pre-Installation Visit*
- Underfloor Heating system design
- Delivery of UFH system
- Installation Guide / Technical Helpline / Callback
- 12 months Product Warranty
- 50 Year Pipe Warranty
- Installation (If required)
- Customer Post Installation Visit*
*If UFH system installed by us
The experience and expertise for every project
- Residential New Build and Refurbishment
- Commercial New Build and Refurbishment
- Integrated Systems - Renewable and Conventional heat sources
Complete systems for any situation
- Screeded Floor / Clip Rail Systems
- Timber Joist / Diffusion Plate Systems
- Floating Floor/Retro-fit Systems
- Individual area zoning for complete flexibility
- Set programmes from your smart-phone or tablet
- Stay in control home or away